Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN in Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number T5132000 and is part of the MA ARNG USPFO Comptroller Division, National Guard. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: SSG Rahulkumar Patel 339-202-3869
This is an indefinite* position, tenure 3, with a time limit determined by the needs of the agency. Any permanent military technician who is selected for this position will become tenure 3. The selectee will receive the same benefits and entitlements as the tenure 1 employee, but will be considered tenure 3 for purposes of reduction in force. If a permanent resource becomes available, incumbent may be converted to a permanent appointment without competition.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of inter-related accounting, logistics and computer file systems concerning pay, accounts payable, and various travel entitlements, using multiple procedures, processes and techniques to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions and recommendations. Analyzes diverse financial management technical methods, techniques, precedent cases, and procedures to resolve an extensive range of difficult financial technical issues or problems.
- Interprets data to identify problems, determines nature of the problem or issue, decides approaches to use to resolve issues, and recommends solutions for systemic changes to enhance operations. Uses independent judgment to reconstruct incomplete files, devise more efficient methods for procedural processing, gather and organize information for inquiries, or resolve problems referred by others.
- Performs varied duties, involving financial services payment systems (travel, accounts payable, and pay; i.e. Joint Uniform Military Pay System Uniform Standard Terminal Input System (JUMPS), Operational Data Store (ODS), Standard Financial System ReDesign1 (SRD1), Defense Travel System (DTS), Integrated Automated Travel System (IATS), etc., by applying a series of different and unrelated methods, processes and techniques involving established financial management systems. Analyzes and develops a variety of new or established techniques and methods to evaluate alternatives and arrive at decisions, conclusions, and recommendations that enhance operations. Uses different procedures, as transactions are not completely standardized, or transactions are inter-related with other systems, that require coordination with other personnel or staff, both internal and external to the organization.
- Applies information derived from personnel management systems to ensure proper pay and entitlements to Soldiers and civilians. Supports Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) with face to face interviews to conduct personal records review and ensure effective transition to Title 10 duty with accurate pay and entitlements.
- Schedules, runs, and analyzes various financial system reports, such as daily activity reports, error/reject reports, status reports, discrepancy and mismatch reports, transaction reports, and ad hoc reports. Performs other duties as assigned.
- #### Job family (Series)
0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Direct Deposit is required
- There is NO military condition of employment
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Must possess experience, education, or training in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work which demonstrates the candidates' ability to communicate with individuals at different levels in order to assist and provide information. Experience using computers and automated systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 18 monthsexperience doing thorough accurate work that requires a logical sequence of steps to accomplish a task. Experience in obtaining and interpreting information, organizing and developing clear and meaningful written information. Experience providing technical and specialized administrative data, background material and references upon request.
There is no educational requirement for this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Currently, there is only one vacancy to be filled; however additional vacancies that occur within 90 days may be filled from this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your* resume* showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
2 -* OF 306* must be signed and dated within 1 year of the closing date of this announcement *Please follow link to obtain OF 306: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/of0306.pdf
3 - Reference Worksheet must use this form List of three professional references, two of whom are disinterested (i.e., persons who can affirm the candidate's qualifications but have no stake in the outcome of the selection). *Please follow link to obtain Reference Worksheet: http://www.thenationsfirst.org/assets/pre-employment-reference-check.pdf
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10157585
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
MA ARNG USPFO Comptroller Division 2 Randolph Road Hanscom AFB, MA US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493780500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/13/2018 to 03/23/2018
Salary: $50,618 to $65,809 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 8
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Temporary - INDEF